Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Song Therapy!!

After a pretty average day at work, coming back home one gets busy in the routine schedule which leads to further structuring of life. But at times this leads to life becoming so structured it becomes frustating for the person.

One such day was experienced by yours truly today where the last thing after coming back home was to get into what i get into each day, the house work. So it was time to get the lazy bum out of the house and put on those sport shoes which had been lying in the corner of the room for quite some time now.

Once out the fresh air touched my face but that was not enough to lift my spirits considering the grumpy mode in which i had left work.Took two rounds of my society walking aggressively as if on a mission but then got an idea and switched the songs on in my phone.

There was a slight glitch , I had forgotten the headphones in my bag nicely put away in an organised manner.one impulse was to give up the idea and give up walking, the other said what the heck for once in a blue moon I will stop thinking what the others think and do what I want .

So I put on the song in speaker mode and started running ...and I ran like I had never did...the songs, the running , the adrenaline rush  made me feel smile and laugh and be happy. I laughed with people looking at me ..the running laughing idiot. :)

But what I realized in that instant was how busy we get and how mixed our lives get in the routine ..we get so busy being the perfect employee , the good daughter or son, the good friend, the good companion ...that we forget to give time to the good "me"..

For me it was the songs and a super average day at work that made me meet the real me after so many days ..find your let out...your secret getaway into meeting the real you and be with him/her for no other reason but just to let you know yourself better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment